Several Berkeley businesses won top honors in SFGate’s Best of the Bay Awards, which this year attracted more than 71,000 votes from readers.
The Awards are divided into 29 categories, each of which has many sub-categories, so apologies in advance if we missed some Berkeley winners — we trust you’ll inform us of any omissions.
- Freight & Salvage Coffeehouse placed first in two categories: Performing Arts Center and Nightlife.
- Berkeley Farmers Market won Best Farmers Market.
- Holy Land placed top for Best Cheap Eats/Falafel.
- Stonemountain and Daughters placed first in the Decorating/Fabrics category.
- Yucca Fitness won best Personal Trainer in the Fitness category.
- Grove Street Kids won for best Children’s clothing.
- Ajanta restaraunt placed first for Best Indian food in the Great Meals category.
- Sacred Rose Tattoo won Best Tattoo and Piercing spot.
- The Framer’s Workshop won in the Home Goods category for Best Custom Framing.
- Import Tile Company won in the Kitchen and Bath category for Best Tile Showroom.
- The Professional Tree Care Company placed first for tree services in the Lawn and Garden category.
- Beckett’s Irish Pub won Best Irish Pub in the Nightlife category.
- Tokyo Fish Market won in the Specialty Food and Drink for Best Fish Market, and
- Marmot Mountain Works placed first for Best Ski and Snowboard shop in the Sports supplies category.