A mountain lion was seen walking away from a building at the Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory on Wednesday this week at approximately 8:22 a.m., according to the UC Berkeley police. There have been several sightings of mountain lions in Berkeley in recent months. Last August a mountain lion was shot and killed after being found walking around the Gourmet Ghetto neighborhood. A mother lion and her two cubs, along with deer and goat carcasses, were spotted in September in the LBL area, while, in October, a Berkeleyan reported seeing a mountain lion “sauntering” across Park Hills Road.
- 10/21/2014 - The Nation's KATHA POLLITT / Pro: Reclaiming Abortion Rights
- 10/21/2014 - Brower Youth Awards 15th Anniversary
- 10/17/2014 - Berkeley City College's 40th Anniversary
- 10/10/2014 - Free Outdoor Screening! - This is Spinal Tap (Rob Reiner; US, 1984)
- 10/09/2014 - Vikram Chandra / Geek Sublime: The Beauty of Code, the Code of Beauty