In response to our post yesterday about the planned Fiat dealership in Berkeley, several commenters wondered what car qualifies as the most Berkeley ever.
Might it be the venerable VW van, so popular during the city’s counter-cultural heyday? Reader Charles Siegel certainly thinks so. Wilbur W. votes for the Alfa Romeo Spider as featured in The Graduate, which was partly shot in Berkeley. Others might argue the environmentally friendly Toyota Prius is emblematic of our city.
Here’s your chance to enter your voice:
What's the most Berkeley car ever?
- Volvo station wagon (34%, 129 Votes)
- Prius (27%, 104 Votes)
- Subaru station wagon (11%, 43 Votes)
- VW van (9%, 36 Votes)
- Real Berkeleyans don't have a car (9%, 36 Votes)
- Mercedes converted for biodiesel (4%, 15 Votes)
- Alfa Romeo Spider (2%, 9 Votes)
- Whatever the car share company has available (4%, 7 Votes)
Total Voters: 379