- 10/21/2014 - The Nation's KATHA POLLITT / Pro: Reclaiming Abortion Rights
- 10/21/2014 - Brower Youth Awards 15th Anniversary
- 10/17/2014 - Berkeley City College's 40th Anniversary
- 10/10/2014 - Free Outdoor Screening! - This is Spinal Tap (Rob Reiner; US, 1984)
- 10/09/2014 - Vikram Chandra / Geek Sublime: The Beauty of Code, the Code of Beauty
Daily Archives: July 15, 2012
Even given the generally high quality of U.S. post offices, Berkeley’s downtown one is a standout. The building has got charisma to spare. And that’s why I was shocked when I read Steve Finacom’s Daily Planet article on June 25 that the U.S. Postal Service had put it up for sale.
I shouldn’t have been surprised, since I’ve been watching the USPS’s accelerating fire sale of historic and architecturally distinguished post offices on the indispensable Save the Post Office website for … Continue reading »