- 12/04/2014 - Half the Sky's NICHOLAS KRISTOF / A Path Appears
- 11/25/2014 - 'Read and Share' Book Club
- 11/18/2014 - UC Berkeley Department of Theater, Dance and Performance Studies presents REGENTS' LECTURE: LUIS VALDEZ
- 11/13/2014 - Presidential Inaugural Poet RICHARD BLANCO / The Prince of Los Cocuyos
- 11/10/2014 - London's School of Life's ROMAN KRZNARIC / Empathy
Daily Archives: July 15, 2012
Even given the generally high quality of U.S. post offices, Berkeley’s downtown one is a standout. The building has got charisma to spare. And that’s why I was shocked when I read Steve Finacom’s Daily Planet article on June 25 that the U.S. Postal Service had put it up for sale.
I shouldn’t have been surprised, since I’ve been watching the USPS’s accelerating fire sale of historic and architecturally distinguished post offices on the indispensable Save the Post Office website for … Continue reading »