Come along with Nosh as we explore East Bay restaurants in photographs. This week we focus on Hopscotch in Uptown Oakland. (See the menu.) If you’ve tried the spots we feature, please let us know about your experience in the comments below. If you’d like to submit your own photo gallery for consideration from a meal you enjoyed, please email email@example.com for more information. You can also add photographs to our Flickr group. Caption info is under the fold.
Captions (Photos by Emilie Raguso)
1. Hopscotch, 1915 San Pablo Ave., Oakland, CA. Tuesday-Thursday & Sunday, 5:30-10 p.m. Friday & Saturday, 5:30-11 p.m. Lunch Tuesday to Friday starting at 11:30. Phone: 510-788-6217.
3. Yonsei oysters, $5 each: sea urchin, salmon roe, citrus soy.
4. Sweet potato gnocchi, $15 (shitake, hen of the woods and oyster mushrooms, brown butter crème fraîche).
5. Buttermilk fried chicken, $17 (chrysanthemum leaf and gypsy pepper salad).
6. First base burger, $14, with house cured and smoked bacon, $4 (house ground chuck, griddles beef tongue, pickled onions, sesame aioli, kennebec chips).
7. Verve coffee, $4, and butterscotch pudding, $7 (with coconut macaroon).
8. Hopscotch, filled up.
9. Hopscotch, street view.
10. Hopscotch: Also open for brunch (Saturdays and Sundays); and happy hour (3-6 p.m.)