Discussion, debate, insights, revelations, laughter and inspiration — all of these are a given at Uncharted: The Berkeley Festival of Ideas which is happening on Friday Oct. 24 and Saturday Oct. 25 in downtown Berkeley. You wouldn’t expect anything less when participants engage with speakers like these.
But Uncharted is a festival. So there is much else to enjoy. Here’s the ‘beyond ideas’ line-up:
- Vocal Rush: Exciting young a capella group out of the Oakland School of the Arts
- Roots music’s Nell Robinson with author Joyce Maynard (and a special offer for Nell’s Saturday night concert at the Freight)
- Uncharted Labs: A chance to throw your ideas in the ring
- Lexicon of Sustainability creative workshop
- Spoken word performance in the Chochenyo language by Vincent Medina Jr.
- Author reading with Erik Tarloff
- Jazz guitarist Calvin Keys
- Popup bookstore by Bookish [cont.]
- Speaker’s corner: chat one-on-one with Uncharted speakers
- Coffee and pastries courtesy of Strada
- The Michael LaMacchia 3o
- Ice cream from Ben & Jerry’s
- The Uncharted Party: Sip on a drink, enjoy appetizers and killer views on the deck of the University Club on top of the Cal Memorial Stadium (pictured below)
- Uncharted Unplugged: Unwind with a happy hour Uncharted cocktail at FIVE at the Hotel Shattuck Plaza