- 08/28/2013 - Free Outdoor Screening in the BAM/PFA Sculpture Garden
- 08/27/2013 - MARK EPSTEIN / The Trauma of Everyday Life
- 08/24/2013 - The goat Rodeo Sessions
- 08/20/2013 - Yang Fudong and Philippe Pirotte in Conversation
- 08/03/2013 - Book Signing and Discussion with Dave Kehr, followed by The Lawless Breed
Tag Archives: 1530 Grizzly Peak Boulevard
If you’re peering at the photo above and thinking Beverly Hills, or perhaps the Cote d’Azur, think again. This imposing Beaux Arts property on three-plus acres is right here in Berkeley. And it’s for sale.
The John Hopkins Spring Estate, commonly known as the Spring Mansion, is so big it boasts three addresses — 1960 San Antonio Avenue, 1984 San Antonio Avenue, and 639 Arlington Avenue — and, as well as the principal mansion which comes in … Continue reading »
It’s been a long time since a multi-million dollar home came on the market in Berkeley. We’re not talking $1m, or even $2m or $3m, but up in the stratospheric $4 million-plus range. Last week, however, saw the appearance of a “Hamptons-style” pile on Grizzly Peak with a $4.2 million ticket-price.
The property was bought for a relative pittance ($248,000) five years ago and completely overhauled — effectively rebuilt from scratch.
While undoubtedly attractive, it isn’t a style of … Continue reading »