- 12/04/2014 - Half the Sky's NICHOLAS KRISTOF / A Path Appears
- 11/25/2014 - 'Read and Share' Book Club
- 11/18/2014 - UC Berkeley Department of Theater, Dance and Performance Studies presents REGENTS' LECTURE: LUIS VALDEZ
- 11/13/2014 - Presidential Inaugural Poet RICHARD BLANCO / The Prince of Los Cocuyos
- 11/10/2014 - London's School of Life's ROMAN KRZNARIC / Empathy
Tag Archives: Berkeley High girls basketball
Berkeley High’s stellar girls’ basketball team (29-2) trounced Kennedy of Sacramento 56-38 Saturday night to secure its 11th appearance in the Division 1 state championship game.
Arizona State-bound Elisha Davis made four three-pointers and scored 17 points, and Desire Finnie and Rachel Howard added 13 points each.
The title is Berkeley’s record 11th in 15 regional title game appearances. The last time the Yellowjackets won a state title was in 1997.
This, on the same weekend that Berkeley High graduate Brittany Boyd, now a freshman point guard for Cal, showed everyone how it’s done by helping Cal secure a 84-74 victory over Iowa in her first NCAA tournament appearance. … Continue reading »
Berkeley High’s girls basketball team beat Oak Ridge High School 49-38 last night to earn a place in Saturday’s Norcal final against Kennedy-Sacramento. The win took the Yellowjackets record to 26-2. The team are ranked number one in Division I for Norcal and fourth in the statewide rankings.
Writing to the BHS community yesterday to encourage people to come out and support the team, Berkeley High Principal Pasquale Scuderi said: “I am incredibly proud of all of our student athletes, and have a particular affinity for the positive impact that athletics can play in the lives and development of our young women. … This is a very talented group of young ladies that are, among other things, simply fun to watch.” … Continue reading »