- 10/24/2014 - Uncharted: The Berkeley Festival of Ideas
- 10/21/2014 - The Nation's KATHA POLLITT / Pro: Reclaiming Abortion Rights
- 10/21/2014 - Brower Youth Awards 15th Anniversary
- 10/17/2014 - Berkeley City College's 40th Anniversary
- 10/10/2014 - Free Outdoor Screening! - This is Spinal Tap (Rob Reiner; US, 1984)
Tag Archives: Berkeley pizzerias
New Berkeley restaurant Sliver opened its doors today on Center Street, proving that pizza joints never go out of fashion — as long as they prove their mettle, of course. The new spot comes hot on the heels of Kensington pizzeria Benchmark, which opened last summer, and will be followed by the arrival of Jules Thin Crust pizzeria in Rockridge in March, and a new flagship restaurant now to be called Build, that will focus on Roman-style pizza slated to open on Shattuck this year.
Three former Cheese Board alums — Guillermo Willy Perez, Artemio Maldonado and Dwight Ferron — have put their hearts and souls into the new venture, and Sabá Ali is the general manager.
As tipped in Shop Talk, the restaurant takes over the space formerly occupied by Sportivo. The pizza of the day on opening day: wild mushrooms, onions and French goat cheese, with garlic, olives and fresh herbs. The salad was organic mixed greens with Romanitas, red bell peppers and red wine vinaigrette. … Continue reading »