- 12/04/2014 - Half the Sky's NICHOLAS KRISTOF / A Path Appears
- 11/25/2014 - 'Read and Share' Book Club
- 11/18/2014 - UC Berkeley Department of Theater, Dance and Performance Studies presents REGENTS' LECTURE: LUIS VALDEZ
- 11/13/2014 - Presidential Inaugural Poet RICHARD BLANCO / The Prince of Los Cocuyos
- 11/10/2014 - London's School of Life's ROMAN KRZNARIC / Empathy
Tag Archives: Berkeley school shootings
Update, 2:20 pm: The BHS student who was shot this morning in Oakland is out of surgery and is stable and resting, according to an email from BHS Principal Pasquale Scuderi to the BHS community.
He writes: “While we are not posting the student’s name his individual teachers will be notified. We are cautiously optimistic about the outcome of this particular situation, but we are again deeply saddened by the reminder of how often and how brutally gun violence continues to impact young people in our community and in many communities across the country.
“While we have no indication of any further threat to the BHS campus or community in connection with this incident, our partners at the Berkeley Police Department have coordinated additional police presence with our safety staff for the duration of the afternoon and through dismissal purely as a precautionary measure while Oakland P.D. continues their investigation. … Continue reading »
A gun was fired on campus at Berkeley High School this morning at around 8:45 a.m. A bullet went through the wall of a portable classroom from where the round was fired.
Two suspects, at least one of whom was a BHS student, were detained by the Berkeley Police Department and the school’s security staff at around 10:18 a.m., following a pursuit. The weapon has not been found, according to BPD spokesperson Sgt Mary Kusmiss.
At 8:45 a.m., a BUSD-employed … Continue reading »