Berkeleyside iPhone app
- 05/05/2015 - Albany Library: The Writing Spot
- 04/07/2015 - Albany Library: The Writing Spot
- 03/31/2015 - KAZUO ISHIGURO | The Buried Giant
- 03/10/2015 - OLLI @Berkeley Spring 2015 Open House
- 03/03/2015 - Albany Library: The Writing Spot
- 02/23/2015 - Etude Club of Berkeley February 2015 Concert
- 02/19/2015 - DAVID AXELROD | Believer: My Forty Years in Politics | in conversation with Robert Reich
Tag Archives: Cafe Yesterday
October 28, 2011 2:30 pm by Sarah Henry
When Midwest transplant Ryan Brinson recently set up shop in Berkeley, he thought he’d died and gone to heaven. Well, that might not be how Brinson, an ordained minister, would characterize it. But the rock and roller with religious roots definitely felt like he had come home.
Brinson, a keyboard-playing long-time preacher in San Diego, decided to switch gears and locations to open Café Yesterday, a nonprofit java joint with a charitable and compassionate community approach — as one might expect from a man of the church. … Continue reading »
August 26, 2011 12:00 pm by Sarah Henry
Late last year Michael Parayno, the founder of arguably the hippest garage jazz club and barbecue joint in town, was having some serious run-ins with the city — as first reported on Berkeleyside.
Parayno was operating a very popular supper club, then called the Multi Culti Grill and Birdland Jazz, out of his Sacramento Street residential address across from North Berkeley BART. Almost 150 people commented on the three posts we wrote about his situation, the vast majority … Continue reading »