- 12/04/2014 - Half the Sky's NICHOLAS KRISTOF / A Path Appears
- 11/25/2014 - 'Read and Share' Book Club
- 11/18/2014 - UC Berkeley Department of Theater, Dance and Performance Studies presents REGENTS' LECTURE: LUIS VALDEZ
- 11/13/2014 - Presidential Inaugural Poet RICHARD BLANCO / The Prince of Los Cocuyos
- 11/10/2014 - London's School of Life's ROMAN KRZNARIC / Empathy
Tag Archives: Cal Marching Band
It was only last month that we were talking about Berkeley’s famous food lines, and now it seems another one may have come to town. The Melt, a grilled cheese spot that recently opened on Telegraph Avenue, has already attracted a loyal clientele. It probably helped that on the first day of UC Berkeley’s semester, The Melt was offering a free sandwich combo meal and drink to Cal students. The Cal Marching Band even headed to The Melt to welcome the restaurant to Berkeley.
As tipped by Berkeleyside in May, the fifth branch of the Bay Area chain opened on August 9 at 2400 Telegraph, just a few steps away from Sproul Plaza. The restaurant serves variations on the classic grilled sandwich, including fontina and provolone on garlic bread and pepper jack with jalapenos on sourdough. It’s the brainchild of Jonathan Kaplan, who founded Flip Video. … Continue reading »