- 08/28/2013 - Free Outdoor Screening in the BAM/PFA Sculpture Garden
- 08/27/2013 - MARK EPSTEIN / The Trauma of Everyday Life
- 08/24/2013 - The goat Rodeo Sessions
- 08/03/2013 - Book Signing and Discussion with Dave Kehr, followed by The Lawless Breed
- 06/24/2013 - BERKELEY PRIDE 365! First Comes Love, Then Comes Marriageâ€¦
Tag Archives: Cal Sailing Club
The high tides on the San Francisco bay — part of the annual King tides phenomenon — also bring with them extraordinary low tides.
On Thursday, while many locals were out documenting through photography the impact of the King tides, others were planning on taking advantage of nature’s effect on our shores with more recreational ideas in mind.
On Thursday evening the Cal Sailing Club, the Bay Area Sea Kayakers, and the Berkeley Racing Canoe Center held a clambake on the Ashby Shoal, the muddy sandbar that only becomes an island when the tide is very low. Paul Kamen (who happens to be chair of the city’s Waterfront Commission) was there and took the photos. … Continue reading »