- 10/24/2014 - Uncharted: The Berkeley Festival of Ideas
- 10/21/2014 - The Nation's KATHA POLLITT / Pro: Reclaiming Abortion Rights
- 10/21/2014 - Brower Youth Awards 15th Anniversary
- 10/17/2014 - Berkeley City College's 40th Anniversary
- 10/10/2014 - Free Outdoor Screening! - This is Spinal Tap (Rob Reiner; US, 1984)
Tag Archives: California King Tides Initiative
Photographers, nature lovers and climate change observers are joining forces to document California’s annual surge of high tides. By gathering photographs of the phenomenon, they hope to raise awareness of how rising sea levels will impact coastal regions in years to come.
Berkeley realtor and chronicler extraordinaire Ira Serkes was snapping photos at the Berkeley Marina yesterday on the first day of a three-day high tide period. King Tide events for the 2012-2013 season take place in four periods: November 13-15, December 12-14, January 9-11, and February 7-9.
The highest tide of the year for the San Francisco Bay — 7.2 ft — will take place today at 10:34 a.m (see tide chart, below). … Continue reading »