Berkeleyside iPhone app
- Anna Marie Taylor on Herb Wong: Visionary founder of BUSD’s jazz program
- M Troup-Galligan on Where in Berkeley?
- Peni Hall on Op-ed: Think about the importance of your signature on a petition
- EBGuy on Gang violence, drug use, graffiti spark renewed push to clean up West Berkeley park
- mirrored on Who makes the best burger in the East Bay?
Tag Archives: Campanile Court
When Midwest transplant Ryan Brinson recently set up shop in Berkeley, he thought he’d died and gone to heaven. Well, that might not be how Brinson, an ordained minister, would characterize it. But the rock and roller with religious roots definitely felt like he had come home.
Brinson, a keyboard-playing long-time preacher in San Diego, decided to switch gears and locations to open Café Yesterday, a nonprofit java joint with a charitable and compassionate community approach — as one might expect from a man of the church. … Continue reading »