- 12/04/2014 - Half the Sky's NICHOLAS KRISTOF / A Path Appears
- 11/25/2014 - 'Read and Share' Book Club
- 11/18/2014 - UC Berkeley Department of Theater, Dance and Performance Studies presents REGENTS' LECTURE: LUIS VALDEZ
- 11/13/2014 - Presidential Inaugural Poet RICHARD BLANCO / The Prince of Los Cocuyos
- 11/10/2014 - London's School of Life's ROMAN KRZNARIC / Empathy
Tag Archives: Carbon Warehouse
On a wet night in an abandoned ink factory, west Berkeley turned into Brooklyn for a few hours, or maybe New York City’s Meatpacking district, with a gathering that included a canvas of wall-to-wall graffiti, cool couches, cocktail waitresses and scrumptious meatballs.
The event was the brainchild of Edgar Blazona, owner of True Modern, the contemporary furniture store at 1659 San Pablo Avenue.
Blazona had set up a photo shoot in the old Ink Flint factory at 1350 Fourth Street, which was recently host to Endless Canvas‘s Special Delivery Bay Area 2012 Mural Exhibit. And he figured that after all the effort of orchestrating the shoot — which included hauling furniture into the vast building, pumping out the lakes of water that had pooled there as a result of torrential rains, and lighting up the warehouse’s cavernous nooks and crannies — he might as well round off the work with a party. … Continue reading »