- 12/04/2014 - Half the Sky's NICHOLAS KRISTOF / A Path Appears
- 11/25/2014 - 'Read and Share' Book Club
- 11/18/2014 - UC Berkeley Department of Theater, Dance and Performance Studies presents REGENTS' LECTURE: LUIS VALDEZ
- 11/13/2014 - Presidential Inaugural Poet RICHARD BLANCO / The Prince of Los Cocuyos
- 11/10/2014 - London's School of Life's ROMAN KRZNARIC / Empathy
Tag Archives: Charles Hardy
Update: 4:35 pm — Water should resume flowing to south Berkeley residents around 5 p.m., according to a spokesman for EBMUD.
The problem started around 2 p.m. on Thursday, Jan. 3. EBMUD crews went to fix a broken main in an area that has “redundancy,” said spokesman Charles Hardy. Crews shut down a 16-inch pipe only to find the problem was in a nearby 30-inch pipe, he said. EBMUD expects to put the 16-inch pipe back in service by 5 p.m., which should restore the water flow.
Original story: A 30-inch pipe on Claremont Avenue behind the Claremont Resort and Spa broke this morning and has caused a drop in water pressure in many homes and businesses in south Berkeley and north Oakland, according to residents and officials. … Continue reading »