- 12/04/2014 - Half the Sky's NICHOLAS KRISTOF / A Path Appears
- 11/25/2014 - 'Read and Share' Book Club
- 11/18/2014 - UC Berkeley Department of Theater, Dance and Performance Studies presents REGENTS' LECTURE: LUIS VALDEZ
- 11/13/2014 - Presidential Inaugural Poet RICHARD BLANCO / The Prince of Los Cocuyos
- 11/10/2014 - London's School of Life's ROMAN KRZNARIC / Empathy
Tag Archives: Citizen journalism
We launched our iPhone app in December 2010 and it was downloadable for $1.99. Today, we are happy to announce that we have made the app free of charge.
Many of our readers also use the app’s citizen reporter capability to send us stories — be it a crime scene they have chanced upon, or a flock of wild turkeys strolling the city’s streets. You can take a photo with your iPhone and then send it directly to us with a note to tell us what’s happening. … Continue reading »
Berkeleyside was founded by three professional journalists, but we’re ardent believers in the power of citizen journalism, where many members of the community take an active role in collecting and reporting what goes on.
Already, many of the stories we publish here are the result of tips from readers, sent in by email or left in the comments section.
Now we have come up with another way for Berkeleyans to do citizen journalism with one of the features of our … Continue reading »
UC Berkeley journalism students are already running all around the Bay Area, notepads in hand, digging up stories for a number of local news sites.
In a partnership just announced by YouTube, the students now will also be recording video of news events that will be uploaded to CitizenTube, a new news site.
YouTube will also be funneling other breaking news video to the site, by both professional and citizen journalists. The idea is to locate all … Continue reading »