Berkeleyside iPhone app
- 04/27/2015 - WIA Orientation Workshop - Career Center
- 04/21/2015 - LWVBAE Conversation: A Better BART
- 04/20/2015 - WIA Orientation Workshop - Career Center
- 04/18/2015 - Seed Swap and Growing Season Kickoff
- 04/18/2015 - One Saturday of free science all day, check UC Berkeley campus' open house
- 04/18/2015 - California State Parks Foundation's Earth Day Restoration and Cleanup
- 04/16/2015 - Volunteering and its Surprising Benefits
Tag Archives: dessert
March 2, 2015 12:00 pm by Moriah VanVleet
After a recent dinner out, my dad and I popped into a tiny grocery store and picked up a random sampling of items: Mexican cactus fruit, unusually flavored popsicles (think salted chili cucumber), and a bag of dried white mulberries from Turkey.
That’s one of the things I love about my dad, and something I think I inherited: food curiosity. He’s known to order the most unusual dish on the menu, while I can’t stop experimenting with new ingredients.
Tonight we’d both expected the popsicles to serve as dessert, but we instead ended up polishing off the mulberries before we knew it. They were simply addictive: sweet, tender and almost crispy, with warm notes of vanilla and a buttery essence. … Continue reading »