- 02/08/2014 - Screenagers: 16th Annual Bay Area High School Film & Video Festival (U.S., 2012ï¿½ï¿½'13)
- 02/08/2014 - Meet the Makers: Fixit Clinic
- 01/26/2014 - Bright Young Minds Interactive Art Exhibit for Kids
- 01/24/2014 - His Girl Friday, Howard Hawks (U.S., 1940)
- 01/22/2014 - GREGORY ORFALEA at Books Inc. Berkeley
Tag Archives: Favorite films of 2012
Once again, it’s that most wonderful time of the year: the season of self-delusion, when critics the world over convince themselves that their readers want nothing more than lists of the best this, that, and the other. It’s the time when the critical hive mind begins the important task of sorting the best from the worst in anticipation of another exciting awards season — and who I am to go against the collective grain?
My go along to get along bona fides now firmly established, please enjoy my list of favorite (and least favorite) films of 2012 – bearing in mind that I’ve so far missed such notable releases as Amour, Argo, Life of Pi, The Hobbit, and that Batman movie that hated on Occupy. I did, however, find time to see The Expendables 2. Hey, priorities. … Continue reading »