- 10/24/2014 - Uncharted: The Berkeley Festival of Ideas
- 10/21/2014 - The Nation's KATHA POLLITT / Pro: Reclaiming Abortion Rights
- 10/21/2014 - Brower Youth Awards 15th Anniversary
- 10/17/2014 - Berkeley City College's 40th Anniversary
- 10/10/2014 - Free Outdoor Screening! - This is Spinal Tap (Rob Reiner; US, 1984)
Tag Archives: Johnny Depp
Berkeley got a taste of Hollywood Monday night when actor Johnny Depp and musician Tom Waits rolled into town.
The pair started their night eating at Prospect restaurant in San Francisco, where they got to sample the fare cooked by the newly appointed chef Pamela Mazzola (Depp had the duck.) Then Depp went to UC Berkeley for a Q&A session about his new film, The Rum Diary. It was a private, invitation-only screening. Journalist Ben Fong-Torres interviewed Depp and the director Bruce Robinson. (See video above.)
After the 9:30 pm discussion, Depp and Waits went to the Shattuck Down Low. The bar served a special “Hunter’s Punch,” (named after Hunter S. Thompson, a central figure in the movie) made with Sailor Jerry rum.
Depp’s movements in the Bay Area were tracked via Twitter (including some tweets from this reporter, who happened to be eating at the same restaurant in San Francisco).
RT @Frannydink: Johnny Depp may be expected at UC Berkeley tonite for Q & A about Rum Diary but he is at Prospect restaurant now w/Tom Waits (around 7:45 pm) … Continue reading »