- 02/08/2014 - Screenagers: 16th Annual Bay Area High School Film & Video Festival (U.S., 2012ï¿½ï¿½'13)
- 02/08/2014 - Meet the Makers: Fixit Clinic
- 01/26/2014 - Bright Young Minds Interactive Art Exhibit for Kids
- 01/24/2014 - His Girl Friday, Howard Hawks (U.S., 1940)
- 01/22/2014 - GREGORY ORFALEA at Books Inc. Berkeley
Tag Archives: Kathleen Hallam
By Mollie Hart
Andrea didn’t make eye contact with her writing coach right away. The 8th grader from Berkeley’s King Middle School brought out her rough draft of “An Open Letter to the Adults of our Country,” and started to read out loud, but kept her face turned away from the woman sitting next to her in the school’s designated “coaching” room.
“What did you think of the assignment?” the coach asked.
“It was okay,” said Andrea, without much enthusiasm.
Despite the young girl’s shy demeanor, the coach forged on. Soon the pair was talking about Andrea’s thesis statement, her conclusion, and how the American Revolution figured into the piece. … Continue reading »