- 12/04/2014 - Half the Sky's NICHOLAS KRISTOF / A Path Appears
- 11/25/2014 - 'Read and Share' Book Club
- 11/18/2014 - UC Berkeley Department of Theater, Dance and Performance Studies presents REGENTS' LECTURE: LUIS VALDEZ
- 11/13/2014 - Presidential Inaugural Poet RICHARD BLANCO / The Prince of Los Cocuyos
- 11/10/2014 - London's School of Life's ROMAN KRZNARIC / Empathy
Tag Archives: Local Lemons
My sister used to refer to Berkeley as the place with giant lemon trees everywhere. And it’s pretty much true, don’t you think? I got my own little lemon tree about a year ago and I’ve been watching it ever since. While my tree can’t compare to the prolific and giant ones around town, I was thrilled to pick its first fruit a few weeks ago: three beautiful, succulent lemons. Intent on turning them into something unusual that would really let their flavor shine, I made rich, creamy lemon curd and nestled it in a crust made of crisp meringue. Here’s the recipe. … Continue reading »
Berkeley blogger and soon-to-be restaurateur Allison Arevalo found herself in a David and Goliath situation last week when fast-food behemoth McDonald’s let her know it would sue if she went ahead with the chosen name for her new Oakland restaurant: Little Mac.
Arevalo and Erin Wade, co-owner of the new restaurant which will specialize in macaroni and cheese, rapidly determined they could not afford either the time nor the money to fight a lawsuit, and have … Continue reading »
Berkeley blogger Allison Arevalo has found a spot for her new venture, Little Mac, a community restaurant focusing on comfort foods — like mac n’ cheese naturally.