- 12/04/2014 - Half the Sky's NICHOLAS KRISTOF / A Path Appears
- 11/25/2014 - 'Read and Share' Book Club
- 11/18/2014 - UC Berkeley Department of Theater, Dance and Performance Studies presents REGENTS' LECTURE: LUIS VALDEZ
- 11/13/2014 - Presidential Inaugural Poet RICHARD BLANCO / The Prince of Los Cocuyos
- 11/10/2014 - London's School of Life's ROMAN KRZNARIC / Empathy
Tag Archives: Lunch Beat
Bites is Nosh’s round-up of restaurant and bar news in the East Bay. Got a tip or a scoop? Send it our way at email@example.com. Christina Mitchell, founder of East Bay Dish, is the main voice behind Bites, with a little help from the staff at Berkeleyside.
TIMELESS COFFEE As the former roaster for Sightglass Coffee in San Francisco, RJ Leimpeter seriously cut down his commute after opening Timeless Coffee in his neighborhood in December. He serves Sightglass Coffee with soy or almond milk — and no dairy alternatives. But don’t worry, my almond latte was creamy and completely satisfying. (Leimpeter also said he has plans to roast his own beans after he gets settled in.) All of the chocolate and baked goods are vegan too, but you would never know it if you didn’t ask. Violet Slocum has baking experience at Café Gratitude and Bittersweet and her brownie was thick, tender and flavorful, like no other vegan brownie I’ve ever experienced. Timeless Coffee, 4252 Piedmont Ave., Oakland. … Continue reading »