- 10/24/2014 - Uncharted: The Berkeley Festival of Ideas
- 10/21/2014 - The Nation's KATHA POLLITT / Pro: Reclaiming Abortion Rights
- 10/21/2014 - Brower Youth Awards 15th Anniversary
- 10/17/2014 - Berkeley City College's 40th Anniversary
- 10/10/2014 - Free Outdoor Screening! - This is Spinal Tap (Rob Reiner; US, 1984)
Tag Archives: Mailboxes
Last month Liza Lutzker noticed that in the space of a week, three out of her four neighborhood USPS mailboxes, all within walking distance of her Berkeley home, had disappeared.
Lutzker wasn’t the only Berkeley resident to notice that mailboxes were being removed. Councilwoman Susan Wengraf, who serves District 6, said that, beginning in late September, her office started receiving calls from constituents saying that neighborhood mailboxes were disappearing without any notice being given to the community.
Wengraf made several calls to the Berkeley Post Office, and was told there were plans to remove up to 40 collection boxes. Boxes are earmarked for removal if there are fewer than 25 letters a day left in them, she was told. But the Post Master would not provide details on which boxes were affected, saying that was “classified information.” … Continue reading »