- 02/08/2014 - Screenagers: 16th Annual Bay Area High School Film & Video Festival (U.S., 2012ï¿½ï¿½'13)
- 02/08/2014 - Meet the Makers: Fixit Clinic
- 01/26/2014 - Bright Young Minds Interactive Art Exhibit for Kids
- 01/24/2014 - His Girl Friday, Howard Hawks (U.S., 1940)
- 01/22/2014 - GREGORY ORFALEA at Books Inc. Berkeley
Tag Archives: Ozzie’s Soda Fountain
A decade ago, and fresh out of North Carolina, Kara Hammond landed a gig at Café Fanny, a tiny slip of a place in North Berkeley opened 25 years ago by, oh, a certain famous local chef.
Hammond, who had run a homespun bakery in Greensboro, wanted to get some kitchen experience in the Bay Area. Someone she knew knew someone who had a contact at Café Fanny; she called up and scored a job, just like that. Hammond … Continue reading »
It’s only day two at Elmwood Cafe, a newly opened French-style brasserie in the old Ozzie’s space on College, and the place is packed. Owner Michael Pearce says business has been great and he didn’t expect it.
He shouldn’t be so surprised. Elmwood locals have been monitoring the careful restoration of the old soda fountain for months — Ozzie’s was a much loved neighborhood institution and its closing and subsequent renovation was bound to trigger curiosity.
First came the expansion … Continue reading »