- 12/04/2014 - Half the Sky's NICHOLAS KRISTOF / A Path Appears
- 11/25/2014 - 'Read and Share' Book Club
- 11/18/2014 - UC Berkeley Department of Theater, Dance and Performance Studies presents REGENTS' LECTURE: LUIS VALDEZ
- 11/13/2014 - Presidential Inaugural Poet RICHARD BLANCO / The Prince of Los Cocuyos
- 11/10/2014 - London's School of Life's ROMAN KRZNARIC / Empathy
Tag Archives: Robert Kevess
A doctor who worked at UC Berkeley’s Health Services for more than 20 years has been charged with 19 counts of sexual battery
and sexual exploitation for having sex with at least six of his male patients.
Over a period of at least five years, Robert Kevess, 52, of Oakland used his position as a doctor at the Tang Health Center at 2222 Bancroft Way to allegedly fondle his male patients’ genitalia, digitally penetrate them, and have oral
and anal sex with them, according to an indictment announced Thursday by the Alameda County District Attorney’s office. Some of the times the patients were unconscious of the nature of the assault because Kevass said it was a medical procedure, according to the indictment.
“It’s very serious in that the alleged perpetrator is a medical doctor in whom people placed extra trust,” said Teresa Drenick, a deputy district attorney.
Kevess’ attorney, Robert Beles, said that his client was innocent. While he did have sexual relations with some of his patients, there was no coercion.
“Everything was consensual,” said Bales. “It’s professional bad judgment having consensual activity with patients, but it was consensual.” … Continue reading »