- 10/24/2014 - Uncharted: The Berkeley Festival of Ideas
- 10/21/2014 - The Nation's KATHA POLLITT / Pro: Reclaiming Abortion Rights
- 10/21/2014 - Brower Youth Awards 15th Anniversary
- 10/17/2014 - Berkeley City College's 40th Anniversary
- 10/10/2014 - Free Outdoor Screening! - This is Spinal Tap (Rob Reiner; US, 1984)
Tag Archives: Sakai
The city of Berkeley has hired a public relations firm at a cost of $24,000 to review the police department’s media policies, bringing the price tag to $49,000 for Police Chief Michael Meehan’s decision to send a sergeant to a reporter’s home in the middle of the night to ask for a change to a story.
Cornerstone Communications, located in Irvine, will audit the police department’s policies on the release of information, make recommendations to ensure the department is following “best practices,” media guidelines, and train police personnel on changing media dynamics, on understanding social media, and media culture.
The firm will talk to police management and reporters who cover the police department, and assess the police department’s reputation in recent news coverage and social media space. The contract was signed on May 1. … Continue reading »