- 12/04/2014 - Half the Sky's NICHOLAS KRISTOF / A Path Appears
- 11/25/2014 - 'Read and Share' Book Club
- 11/18/2014 - UC Berkeley Department of Theater, Dance and Performance Studies presents REGENTS' LECTURE: LUIS VALDEZ
- 11/13/2014 - Presidential Inaugural Poet RICHARD BLANCO / The Prince of Los Cocuyos
- 11/10/2014 - London's School of Life's ROMAN KRZNARIC / Empathy
Tag Archives: Scott Rosenberg
The finishing touches are being applied to the program, the speakers, all world experts in their fields, are tweeting about their imminent appearance on stage in Berkeley, and the final decisions on wine pairings, music sets and lighting for the sure-to-be celebratory party at the art museum have been made. This time next week the inaugural Uncharted: The Berkeley Festival of Ideas will be in full flow.
The program is bursting with entertaining and thought-provoking conversations. Here’s just a taste:
- Vivek Wadhwa & Scott Rosenberg: Everything you know about entrepreneurship is wrong
- Kalimah Priforce‘s: Could an app have saved Trayvon Martin?
- Carl Bass & Lance Knobel: What’s next in digital fabrication
- Brad DeLong & Joshua Bloom: I, for one, welcome our new robot overlords
- Randall Grahm & Felix Salmon: Why wine matters
- Rodolfo Mendoza-Denton & Phil Bronstein: Are we born racist?
- Nina Simon & Rodolfo Mendoza-Denton: Bridging social groups
- Kate Kendell & Lance Knobel: The new frontier of civil rights
- Chrystia Freeland & Paul Pierson: The rise of the plutocracy
- Felix Salmon: Money can buy happiness
- Nicholas Dirks & Lance Knobel: So what are the humanities, chopped liver?
Today marks the launch of MediaBugs, an online error-reporting service based in Berkeley which will help to monitor Bay Area media for errors and problems.
MediaBugs is the brainchild of Berkeley resident Scott Rosenberg, co-founder of Salon, and author of two books: Dreaming in Code and Say Everything: How Blogging Began, What It’s Becoming and Why It Matters. Advisers on the project include Dan Gillmor, Bill Gannon and Lane Becker.
Looking for a little stimulus of the mind this evening? Perhaps a laugh too. Jon Carroll, he of the daily, eminently readable, Chronicle column, will be “in conversation” with Scott Rosenberg at the Berkeley Rep tonight at 7pm.
Rosenberg (pictured left), author of Say Everything: How Blogging Began, What it’s Becoming and Why it Matters, is a prolific blogger as well as co-founder of Salon Media Group and Salon.com. Hi current projects include MediaBugs which aims to be … Continue reading »
The Berkeley Rep, aglow with the success of its latest smash, American Idiot, and from the general recognition of its artistic prowess, is also holding what promises to be an entertaining series of “conversations” hosted by San Francisco Chronicle columnist Jon Carroll.