- 12/04/2014 - Half the Sky's NICHOLAS KRISTOF / A Path Appears
- 11/25/2014 - 'Read and Share' Book Club
- 11/18/2014 - UC Berkeley Department of Theater, Dance and Performance Studies presents REGENTS' LECTURE: LUIS VALDEZ
- 11/13/2014 - Presidential Inaugural Poet RICHARD BLANCO / The Prince of Los Cocuyos
- 11/10/2014 - London's School of Life's ROMAN KRZNARIC / Empathy
Tag Archives: Sho Kamio
Shotaro “Sho” Kamio, the head chef at Yoshi’s in both San Francisco and Oakland, is set to open his own restaurant in the O Chamé space at 1830 Fourth Street in Berkeley. O Chamé, owned by David and Hiromi Vardy, closed its doors last Sunday after serving a loyal customer base for 23 years.
Kamio gave his notice at Yoshi’s this week, according to Inside Scoop SF which broke the news. He said working there had been a “wonderful experience,” but that it was time to move on to his own project.
Kamio said the wanted to live up to O Chamé’s “amazing history and spirit’ and that he had been collaborating closely with David Vardy on the takeover the the past few weeks. … Continue reading »