- 10/24/2014 - Uncharted: The Berkeley Festival of Ideas
- 10/21/2014 - The Nation's KATHA POLLITT / Pro: Reclaiming Abortion Rights
- 10/21/2014 - Brower Youth Awards 15th Anniversary
- 10/17/2014 - Berkeley City College's 40th Anniversary
- 10/10/2014 - Free Outdoor Screening! - This is Spinal Tap (Rob Reiner; US, 1984)
Tag Archives: Southside Neighborhood Consortium
After at least eight meetings dating back to late 2011, the Berkeley City Council voted last week to begin to try to curb the proliferation of “mini-dorms” in residential areas around town.
Residents, particularly in the campus area, have been speaking out to the city about the problems that can be posed by these set-ups, which the city defines as group living households where renters have individual leases with landlords. Residents have said certain landlords pack as many people into these properties as possible, which leads to problems with noise, parking and traffic. … Continue reading »