- 11/25/2014 - 'Read and Share' Book Club
- 11/18/2014 - UC Berkeley Department of Theater, Dance and Performance Studies presents REGENTS' LECTURE: LUIS VALDEZ
- 11/13/2014 - Presidential Inaugural Poet RICHARD BLANCO / The Prince of Los Cocuyos
- 11/10/2014 - London's School of Life's ROMAN KRZNARIC / Empathy
- 10/28/2014 - 'Read and Share' Book Club
Tag Archives: Ted Friedman
A man facing arrest on Telegraph Avenue smashed out the rear window of a police cruiser with his head after first breaking the glass door of a nearby business, authorities said.
According to police, 40-year-old Richard Warner of Oakland was reportedly inside a business in the 2400 block of Telegraph Avenue on Aug. 6 when he was asked to leave shortly before 10:40 a.m.
“He was loud and creating a disturbance,” said Berkeley Police Officer Jennifer Coats, department spokeswoman, via email. “As he left the business he stopped and punched the glass to the front door, breaking it.” … Continue reading »
By Ted Friedman
The 30th annual Telegraph Avenue Holiday Street Fair opened this weekend, but crowds were sparse at times because of the rain.
Booths went up Friday morning under a light drizzle, which worsened by 1 p.m. Early Saturday afternoon, umbrellas went up during a downpour which lasted around an hour and a half. It was mostly overcast on Sunday.
“It was not a good day for me,” Clifford Seely, 79, a jeweler who has been selling at the fair for 30 years, said Friday as he packed up to leave around 3 p.m.
“It was worth my time, but not as good as last year,” said David (Doc) Sammon, a regular Telegraph Avenue vendor. … Continue reading »