- 12/04/2014 - Half the Sky's NICHOLAS KRISTOF / A Path Appears
- 11/25/2014 - 'Read and Share' Book Club
- 11/18/2014 - UC Berkeley Department of Theater, Dance and Performance Studies presents REGENTS' LECTURE: LUIS VALDEZ
- 11/13/2014 - Presidential Inaugural Poet RICHARD BLANCO / The Prince of Los Cocuyos
- 11/10/2014 - London's School of Life's ROMAN KRZNARIC / Empathy
Tag Archives: Ultimate
Dennis “Cribber” Warsen, who calls Berkeley home, and Molly Goodwin who attended UC Berkeley, are two of four Ultimate frisbee players who have been selected for induction into the sport’s 2012 Hall of Fame.
Asked what the honor meant for him, Warsen told Berkeleyside: “For 20 years, I trashed my body and postponed adulthood to play this game. So having this honor given to me must mean that someone noticed, and that feels good. In a way, the Ultimate Hall of Fame is not just a list of players, it is a history of the sport and I am honored to be a part of that history.”
Warsen grew up in New York and went to SUNY Purchase, which is where he started playing Ultimate. After winning five world championships with New York, he was recruited by a San Francisco team and decided to move out west in 1996. In 2006 he moved across the bay and has been living in Berkeley ever since.
In the USA Ultimate’s write-up about Warsen, he is described as possibly “the best player ever on the best team ever.” … Continue reading »