Berkeleyside iPhone app
- guest on Berkeley councilman faces PR man in ‘soda tax’ debate
- jjohannson on New paint on Berkeley Oaks Theatre: What does it mean?
- Lillian Braudy on Kickin the Mule: Still kicking at the Cheese Board
- BerkeleyMom on New paint on Berkeley Oaks Theatre: What does it mean?
- Guest on Mediation between school district and staff union fizzles
Tag Archives: Verve Coffee
When Midwest transplant Ryan Brinson recently set up shop in Berkeley, he thought he’d died and gone to heaven. Well, that might not be how Brinson, an ordained minister, would characterize it. But the rock and roller with religious roots definitely felt like he had come home.
Brinson, a keyboard-playing long-time preacher in San Diego, decided to switch gears and locations to open Café Yesterday, a nonprofit java joint with a charitable and compassionate community approach — as one might expect from a man of the church. … Continue reading »