Two weeks ago, 600 Berkeleyside readers were treated to 90 minutes of conversation with The Three Michaels: Michael Chabon, Michael Lewis and Michael Pollan, moderated by Sedge Thomson. As a special holiday treat, here’s a podcast of the evening. To listen, either click on the link or right-click to save to your computer, tablet or phone. You can subscribe to Berkeleyside podcasts using our feed.
Among the highlights of the conversation:
- How Pollan’s car crashed into Lewis’ studio
- The professionals’ approach to Star Market’s annual pumpkin carving contest
- The truth and fiction of Berkeley stereotypes
- Balancing writing and family
- The difference between Berkeley’s and “Republican” softball teams
- How web browsing can lead you from spark plugs to the Partridge Family
The evening was a fundraiser for 826, a writing program that will open in Oakland to serve East Bay youth.
3 Michaels talk writing, inspiration and Berkeley quirks [12.11.12]
The Three Michaels of Berkeley: Supporting, supported [12.10.12]
Do you like staying informed about Berkeley news? Then please consider becoming a Berkeleyside Member and supporting us. Members get invited to special parties, get first dibs and discounts on tickets to events, a behind-the-scenes newsletter, and the knowledge that a contribution will keep the news reporting flowing.