The line-up of speakers and performers for the 2015 Uncharted Festival of Ideas is almost complete. Here are just a few of those who have recently confirmed:
- Meklit Hadero The Ethio-American singer-songwriter co-founded The Nile Project, and her music bridges the frontiers between language, tribes and disciplines.
- Anna Lappé, co-founder with her mother, Frances Moore Lappé, of the Small Planet Institute and Small Planet Fund, is helping us reevaluate the way we think about food.
- Patrick Dooley, who founded Shotgun Players in 1992 in the basement of a pizza parlor, is committed to theater as a form of activism. Dooley will be in conversation with culture wirter Scott Timberg, whose latest book is Culture Crash: The Killing of the Creative Class.
- Joshua Johnson, Johnson, the morning newscaster on KQED and guest-host of public affairs program “Forum,” recently launched the “So Well Spoken” segment and podcast. Johnson will be talking to Pastor Michael McBride, a national leader in the Black Lives Matter movement.
- Sandra Gilbert Gilbert is a pioneering feminist critic who has most recently published Rereading Women: Thirty Years of Exploring Our Literary Traditions.
The third annual Uncharted, which is organized by Berkeleyside, and happens on Friday Oct. 16 and Saturday Oct. 17 in downtown Berkeley, promises be the best yet. The two-day festival, located at the Berkeley Rep and the Freight & Salvage, embraces thrilling discussions, live music, popup performances, interactive labs, and an elegant opening night party on the Cal campus with cocktails, food, fine wine and craft beer.
Uncharted: The Berkeley Festival of Ideas is proud to be supported by the following partners: Autodesk; Cloudera; Wareham Development; DeYoe Wealth Management; Jetton Construction; North Berkeley Investment Partners; The Grubb Company; Panoramic Interests; TMG Partners; 2000 Center Street LLC; Downtown Berkeley Association; UC Berkeley; WeWork; APS Wines; Drake’s Brewing Company; Farm League Design & Management Group, Vignette Wine Country Soda; Whole Foods; Diablo Magazine and KQED.
Visit the Uncharted 2015 website for full information and to register.
“Two for one” ticket offer to Uncharted 2015 extended (09.02.15)
New speakers confirmed for Uncharted Ideas Festival (08.20.15)
Announcing Uncharted The Berkeley Festival of Ideas 2015 (08.06.15)
To find out what is going on in Berkeley and nearby, be sure to check out Berkeleyside’s Events Calendar. And submit your own events: it’s self-serve and free.